Legal, Engineering and Economic Sciences at University of Verona
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The University of Verona is going to open a call for applications for 14 PhD positions within the EU-funded project INVITE.
The INVITE PhD students will be employed under a 36-month research contract.
The INVITE call for applications officially opens on 15 January 2018 and closes on 16 April 2018 at 2 p.m.
INVITE is a doctoral programme of the University of Verona with a strong inter-sectoral, inter-disciplinary and international dimension. It is co-financed by the European Union within the Horizon 2020 Programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 754345 and by the Regione del Veneto.
The 14 available positions allow to perform competitive high quality scientific research in the following area: from Arts and Humanities to Legal and Economic Sciences, from Health and Life Sciences to Natural and Engineering Sciences.
The INVITE doctoral programme aims to encourage each student’s intellectual curiosity and support the acquisition of critical thinking skills by training them in the use of innovative theoretical tools and practical methods.
INVITE is open to early-stage researchers of any age and nationality and from any country. Few restrictions apply to candidates:
- They must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline;
- They must hold a Master’s Degree (Master of Science or Master of Arts) or similar degree equivalent to the Italian Laurea Magistrale / Specialistica that, in their country of origin, grants access to PhD programmes;
- They must not already hold a PhD and must have less than 4 years (full-time equivalent) of research experience.
What are the working conditions:
The INVITE PhD students will be employed under a 36-month research contract. It includes retirement contributions and all compulsory social security charges, insurance against work accidents, sickness coverage, maternity and parental leave.
The salary will be paid on a monthly basis and is composed by the following components (gross amounts):
- Living allowance: €2000/month;
- Mobility allowance: € 600/month;
- Family allowance: € 150/month for students with family obligations at the deadline of the call
The University of Verona, in cooperation with the International Students Services, assists the PhD students in the context of entry procedures, visas and residence permits, accommodation, healthcare insurance or registration in the Italian healthcare system and many other bureaucratic issues.
As PhD students and research staff, the INVITE PhD students will benefit from access to the canteens of the University of Verona, to the kindergarten for their 0-3 years old children, access to language courses organised by the Linguistic Centre of the University of Verona and many other discount