European Feminist Research Conference
Deadline: 12 February 2018
Open to: applicants from diverse array of feminist, gender and queer approaches
Venue: 12 – 15 September 2018 Goettingen, Germany
The 10th European Feminist Research Conference (EFRC) now invites abstract submissions for papers and posters. The overall theme of the conference is “Difference, Diversity, Diffraction: Confronting Hegemonies and Dispossessions“, which refers to a topic central to Gender Studies: the social construction of difference and inequality on the one hand, and the recognition of marginalized experiences and subject positions on the other. In the face of growing right-wing populist movements, anti-feminist and anti-queer backlash, forced migration, austerity and climate change, these concerns take on renewed relevance. The subtitle ‘Confronting Hegemonies and Dispossessions’ is a call to reflect on, challenge and defy the hierarchies, subjugation, and deprivations that are linked to structural differentiation and to find affirmative ways of dealing with difference, diversity and diffraction. The conference is committed to promoting a feminist anti-racist accessible space for all genders.
Please, submit your abstract to one of the following streams:
- · 1. Remembering/Representing/ Signifying;
- · 2. Destructing/Reconciling/ Transforming;
- · 3. Teaching/Learning/Facilitating;
- · 4. Legislating/Politicising/ Institutionalising;
- · 5. Networking/Solidarising/ Bridging;
- · 6. Playing/Watching/Observing;
- · 7. Embodying/Performing/Affecting;
- · 8. Investigating/Analysing/ Measuring;
- · 9. Healing/Coping/Caring;
- · 10. Believing/Moralising/Reasoning.
Contributions from any discipline are invited for this conference and it is open to a diverse array of feminist, gender and queer approaches.
- There is no conference fee;
- AtGender and FG Gender also offer several travel and accommodation grants for members of either association.
For more information and to submit your abstract, please visit the official website.