Allard Prize Photography Competition
Deadline: 02 May 2018
Open to: photographers
Award: around USD 805.65
The bi-annual Allard Prize Photography Competition, which recognizes photographic excellence reflecting the ideals of the Allard Prize, is adjudicated by the Allard Prize Committee and Max Fisher, Associate Professor, online photography competitions, online college courses photography, online photography degree.
Photographers are encouraged to submit entries year-round. Entries should reflect themes of courage and leadership in combating corruption, especially through promoting transparency, accountability, the rule of law, and of human rights and/or anti-corruption generally. Entries depicting corruption and human rights violations in the developed world are particularly welcomed.
Winners are selected twice a year, shortly following the submission deadlines of May 1st and November 1st. Winning photographs are announced on their website and promoted on their social media channels.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their country of residence at the time of entry;
- Members of the Allard Prize Photography Competition Jury, the Allard Prize Committee and the Allard Prize Advisory Board are not eligible to participate during their terms as Jury, Committee or Advisory Board members and for one year following the end of their terms.
- Each winning photograph will receive around 805.65 USD featured on the Allard Prize website, with a brief description and the photographer’s name, for six months;
- Winning entries will be archived as a past winner on the website afterward.
In order to apply, please fill the application.
To enter the competition, entrants must upload their photograph and complete the online submission form including:
- a brief description (up to 1200 characters) of the photograph, describing how the photograph reflects the themes of the Allard Prize of courage and leadership in combating corruption, especially through promoting transparency, accountability and the rule of law, or of human rights and/or anti-corruption generally;
- a brief biography of the entrant.
For more information, please visit the official web page.